Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Mariah Carey To Star In New E! Series…’Mariah’s World’


Via the New York Times, Mimi confirmed that she will star in a new series, aptly titled ‘Mariah’s World.’

Eight hour-long episodes will chronicle the superstar diva’s ‘Sweet Sweet Fantasy Tour’ of Europe and South Africa – the former of which began tonight in Scotland.

The docu-series will also feature Carey planning her upcoming wedding to billionaire beau James Packer.

Though helmed by Bunim Murray Productions (the team behind ‘Keeping Up With The Kardashians’ and ‘I Am Cait’), Carey insists it isn’t a “reality show”:

”I refuse to call it a reality show. [It is] is all about getting to know [me] better and not, as “here I am, getting my nails done.” I thought it would be a good opportunity to kind of, like, show my personality and who I am, even though I feel like my real fans have an idea of who I am. A lot of people have misperceptions about this and that.”
Continuing to stress what the series won’t be, she confirmed that fiance Packer will not feature on the show. Of that decision, she said:
“He’s a legit businessman,’’ she said. “It’s not really his thing to be, like, traipsing all over Europe and hanging out with all my crew and dancers and singers.”


Similar, her 4-year old twins Monroe and Moroccan aren’t likely to feature heavily – if at all:

“I don’t want to do anything that’s exploitative. They haven’t been filmed at all yet. There might be a couple of moments, but it’s not about making them the stars of the show. They’re too young to make that decision.”


‘Mariah’s World’ began taping two-weeks ago, is filming as we type, and is likely being readied for a Summer premiere.

No comments:

Post a Comment